Forum.Mepsking.com Forum Rules
Registering and participating in the Mepsking forum rules constitutes an agreement to abide by the Mepsking Forum Terms of Service. We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without prior notice. There is no charge for joining this forum. This is a forum of individuals who share a common interest in drones and UAVs. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all – be nice. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know. Please email us at email@example.com.
Genera Forum Rules
We aim to ensure that the Mepsking forum is an enjoyable place that people want to visit repeatedly. The Mepsking forum should be a virtual reflection of how we all hope the forum of Drone Racing enthusiasts would act in the real world. Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace. This is a forum of friends and partners who are collaborating to encourage and support a growing Mepsking forum rules.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, angerandoffensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and ontrack.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
- Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or special characters designed to “trick” our obscenity filter may be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forumis not a democracy; it is privately owned and we determine the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our team may result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- Our user base is not a resource to be “mined” by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages ontheir own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.
- Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website. *Fundraising topics (GoFundMe, etc), must be approved by an administrator. *Contest/Promotions must be approved by an administrator.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are not permitted in the forumand will be closed or removed.
- We take the “be nice” rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.
- The forumOwners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the forumwhen members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or forum members to police and enforces these rules and regulations. Any violation of another forum rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.
- For everyone’s safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer’s software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.
- Violation of the Forum Rules/Guidelines
First Offense -Warnings and or Infractions will be given via private message, e-mail, and/or Moderator reply in the offending thread.
Second Offense – could result in a Temporary Ban which will consist of a Three (3) to Seven (7) day lock of your ID depending on the nature of the offense.
Repeated Offense – longer ID lock, possibly permanent ban.
Please realize that the nature of the offense will determine the action to be taken. If the violation is extreme enough or has been repeatedly warned enough in the past, a member can have his/her ID locked without warning. Threads or replies that do not comply with our guidelines may be locked, edited, or deleted, depending on the nature of the offense. We will make every effort to state why such action was taken via private message, e-mail, and/or moderator reply in the offending thread. For this reason, we ask that you check your private messages often. You can find out whether or not you have received any private messages by logging into your user cp. You can set your options so that the board notifies you when you have received a private message if you so desire.
The above rules and guidelines are necessary to make Mepsking forums comfortable and more enjoyable for the Drone Racing enthusiasts.
These rules can be changed at any time without warning. So please check back often to read over them.
If you feel you cannot comply with the rules above, please refrain from using forum.mepsking.com. If you feel that something posted here is unfair, please notify an Administrator by clicking any of the “Contact Us” links at the bottom of every page.
By posting threads or images on forum.mepsking.com, you are agreeing to allow the Mepsking forum and/or it’s staff the right to use those threads, posts, or images in any way we see fit. Up to and including using them for forum purposes such as advertising. Mepsking forum will never use any photo or post in a derogatory way, EVER!
Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum software. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion (e.g. all caps or excessive color).
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
Do not post links that are not meant for the general public. Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to the source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something, always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
About Intellectual Property
Mepsking is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property rights. The Mepsking Forum Terms of Service do not allow posting content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
Signature, Avatar, Profile, Username and Account Standards
Forum Standards apply to all sections and features of the website including avatar and profile images, signatures, usernames and other account features.
- Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages.
- Signatures should be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than one link. No images are allowed in signatures.
- Signature may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, invitations to contact or a sales pitch also, no political links
- Signatures must follow our forumposting standards and only one line may be bold.
- Avatars (images beside each post) and profile pictures are set up in your profile and are intended as a visual link to your forumaccount. They may not be used for promotional purposes, insult or other editorial comments.
- We recommend usernames not reflect a business entity, trademark or other “promotional” content, no excessive symbols and must conform to all other forumrules.
- E-mail and web address are not appropriate forumuser names.
- Mepskingforumreserves the right to delete or edit any account feature that we feel is inappropriate.
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our forum.
About the First Amendment and Your “Right to Free Speech”
We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The Mepsking forum is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted – this does not violate your public right to free speech.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported.
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the username, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another forum member) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original username will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Finally, we recognize that there are situations that these rules don’t address and we’ll do our best to arrive at a fair and reasonable approach that benefits the entire forum. Ultimately it’s up to our team to make these determinations that we believe are in the best interest of the majority of users. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.