What are the top FPV drone racing events in America?FPV (First Person View) drone racing is a rapidly growing sport that has gained popularity around the world in recent years, and the United States is no exception. With the rise of the sport, there are now several major FPV drone racing events held throughout the year in the US. Here are some of the top FPV drone racing events in America.
- MultiGP Championship The MultiGP Championship is one of the most prestigious FPV drone racing events in the world, attracting some of the best pilots from around the globe. This event is organized by MultiGP, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and organizing FPV drone racing events. The championship features several different classes of races, including the Spec Class, which is designed for beginner and intermediate pilots.
- DRL (Drone Racing League) Championship The Drone Racing League is a professional FPV drone racing league that features some of the top pilots in the world. The league hosts several events throughout the year, culminating in the DRL Championship, which is held in the United States. This event is broadcast on major television networks, making it one of the most visible FPV drone racing events in the world.
- IDRA (International Drone Racing Association) World Championship The IDRA World Championship is another major FPV drone racing event that attracts top pilots from around the world. The event is organized by the International Drone Racing Association, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting FPV drone racing. The championship features several different classes of races, including freestyle events, team racing, and individual races.
- MultiGP Regional Qualifiers MultiGP also hosts several regional qualifying events throughout the year, which serve as a way for pilots to qualify for the MultiGP Championship. These events are held in different locations throughout the United States, making them accessible to pilots from all regions.
- Collegiate Drone Racing Association (CDRA) National Championship The Collegiate Drone Racing Association (CDRA) hosts an annual national championship event for college and university students who are interested in FPV drone racing. This event is held in different locations throughout the United States and features races in several different categories.
In order to race an FPV drone legally in the US, pilots must follow the guidelines set forth by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration). This includes obtaining a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate, registering their drone with the FAA, and following certain safety guidelines while flying. Pilots must also obtain permission to fly in certain areas, such as public parks or other restricted airspace.
In conclusion, FPV drone racing has become a popular and exciting sport in the United States, with several major events held throughout the year. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a beginner, there are opportunities to race and compete at different levels. By following the guidelines set forth by the FAA and participating in organized events, pilots can enjoy this thrilling sport safely and legally.
Mepsking FPV Forum, where you can learn everything about drone and flying skills. Check mepsking store if you want to buy drone parts.